Extend Mauer Stills Theme

Extend Mauer Stills Theme

This project was a little different to the others as there was no website to be delivered as a final product.

The client had skills in CSS. All he wanted was some edits to the theme he had purchased, the Stills theme from Mauer Themes. So this project was solely about my PHP skills and my understanding of how WordPress themes work.

The interesting thing for me about this project was working with other people’s code and adapting it.

The code for this project is available in this Github repo. A live version with dummy data to illustrate the changes I made can be seen here.

This project was a little different to the others as there was no website to be delivered as a final product.

The client had skills in CSS. All he wanted was some edits to the theme he had purchased, the Stills theme from Mauer Themes. So this project was solely about my PHP skills and my understanding of how WordPress themes work.

The interesting thing for me about this project was working with other people’s code and adapting it.

The code for this project is available in this Github repo. A live version with dummy data to illustrate the changes I made can be seen here.

The changes

The image on the left outlines everything the client required changed on the site.

This was an interesting task in creating taxnomies. The Mauer Stills theme had tags disabled, however this was the functionality I used to be able to link artists to brands they worked with. I also created a directory of the brands involved. There were edits required on six template items, plus the creation of the tag and tag directory pages.

The most difficult task however was creating functionality to allow the user to sort the posts on the portfolio page as it was something I’d never done before.

The changes

The image below outlines everything the client required changed on the site.

This was an interesting task in creating taxnomies. The Mauer Stills theme had tags disabled, however this was the functionality I used to be able to link artists to brands they worked with. I also created a directory of the brands involved. There were edits required on six template items, plus the creation of the tag and tag directory pages.

The most difficult task however was creating functionality to allow the user to sort the posts on the portfolio page as it was something I’d never done before.

If you found my work interesting, please get in touch so we can discuss how my work can meet your needs.